Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do you smell that?

Halfway into week 9 here (THE LAST WEEK!!!!).... I thought I'd try and reminisce over week 8 plus the past couple days here at yoga camp. Biggest news of all is that on Thursday of last week I deleived Spine Twisting Posture which marked the END of posture clinics!!! Now all 26 are in the brain, its just a matter of sorting out the muck.



Week 8, let's see...I have no idea. It came. It went. It's over now and thats all I care about.








This past weekend was fantastic because it was the very last weekend here at teacher training! Last weekend of swirling dirty laundry in the tub and then hanging up the mass to stink up the balcony. Couldnt find my favorite white tank top one night, leaned over the edge and there was this white thing in the water. To test to see if the mass was fish or tank, Marcie dropped our watermelon off the ledge right next the blob. It didn't move, and the morning light confirmed...favorite tank now rests with the Koi.




Bikram here having world champ demonstrate Standing Bow (she did this cold and in jeans!)



A strange and unfortunate bout of sadness entered our lives on Sunday when Marcie went for her hair appointment with a senior teacher who claimed to be a "stylist". I knew it wasn't good when I got her text "Um. Hm." Suffice it to say that this teacher, whose name I won't mention, gave my dear Marcie a full on Mullet with a capital M. Why? We can't figure it out, but there it is, haunting our final days at yoga camp. A fellow trainee is going to attempt to fix it tonight so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last night was our latest night spent in lecture. At some point around 2 am I crawled into the aisle and tried to sleep on the floor. Next thing I knew, in the middle of the trippiest of dreams, Marcie was poking me awake to leave. We walked outside and it was freakin daylight! We had spent all night, until 5:40 am in the lecutre hall, son of a bitch, and were right back in the yoga room this morning at 8am. :( It's the best of times and the worst of times, and all I can say is WTF.

We all pitched in to buy Bikram a real Samurai sword and gave it to him last night. He seemed pleased. Graduation is Saturday at 3pm. 3 more days 3 more days 3 more days. I smell the sweet scent of normal life with my mind's nose. Unfortunatly I also smell the familiar aroma of farts in the hot room with my real nose.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, blogger's being a bitch and has been eating my comments for the last two months, but I'll try this one more time: I'M SO GLAD YOU SURVIVED TEACHER TRAINING!

    Seriously, it sounded more grueling than actual boot camp.

    Now that you're back in town, let's get together and catch up! I'm working somewhere different, so drop me a line at gardenerofgoodandevil (at) gmail.com. :)

    ReplyDelete